I’m trying to get the blog back to its regularly scheduled programming, after NQC week and real-world business since. By special request from one of you out there, let’s examine one of gospel music’s best-loved mixed groups and come up with an essential 80-minute playlist for the Perrys.
The Perrys have been singing for a few decades, but especially rose to prominence and popularity when they changed to their current “3 men and an alto” format around year 2000. For that reason, and because that’s where my familiarity is stronger for their music, almost all of the songs will come from this most recent time period. You old-school Perrys fans, let me know what I’m missing from the early days! The great thing about the Perrys is that they just seem to get better and better.
Here’s my playlist…what would be yours?
- I Remember the Day, God’s Little People, 1988
- Royal Descendant, Royal Descendants, 1991
- The Hem of His Garment, 25 Years…and More, 1995
- March Around the Throne One Time for Me, Come to the Fountain, 1998
- I’m Still Amazed, Absolutely Positively Live!, 1999
- Praise God, It’s Settled, I’m Saved, Absolutely Positively Live!, 1999
- I Rest My Case at the Cross, Changed Forever, 2001
- Waiting Triumphantly, Changed Forever, 2001
- Calvary Answers for Me, This Is the Day, 2003
- I Wish I Could Have Been There, This Is the Day, 2003
- But I Met a Nazarene, Life of Love, 2004
- His Name Was John, Life of Love, 2004
- When Morning Sweeps the Eastern Sky, Remembering the Happy Goodmans, 2005
- He Will Hide Me, Come Thirsty, 2006
- I Know It Was the Blood, Look No Further, 2007
- The Potter Knows the Clay, Look No Further, 2007
- If You Knew Him, Almost Morning, 2009
- Did I Mention, Almost Morning, 2009
- Blue Skies Coming, Blue Skies, 2011
- Celebrate Me Home, Blue Skies, 2011