At first, you may think it strange to come up with southern gospel songs dealing with the New Year holiday. Of course, the holiday itself is not a subject of any gospel song I know. But we can find many gospel songs that talk about the things we think about when a new year comes.
For a Christian, the New Year is a time first to look back at, remember, and celebrate what the Lord has done in the previous year. It’s a time to look forward to and get excited about what He may do in the next year. Finally, for many of us, it’s a time to make or renew commitments to the Lord’s service. Now we can come up with some songs, right?
Here is my New Year playlist. What are some songs you can think of that would fit?
- New Day Dawning, Whisnants, New Day Dawning
- Because He Lives, Bill Gaither Trio, Because He Lives
- Way Past Ready, Mark Trammell Quartet, Lifetime
- The Great I Am Still Is, Triumphant Quartet, You Gotta Love It!
- So Many Years, So Many Blessings, Lewis Family, 50th Anniversary Celebration
- He’s Already in Your Tomorrow, Kingdom Heirs, Going on With the Song
- Press On O Pilgrim, There is Joy Ahead, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, Help Is on the Way
- I’ll Go With God, Phillips Family, I Can’t Quit
- The Past Is a Promise, Whisnants, Promises
- I’m Gonna Keep Praising Jesus’ Name, Kingdom Heirs, Gonna Keep Telling
- More and More Like You, Greater Vision, Serving a Risen Savior
- I’m Not Giving Up, Gold City, Standing in the Gap
- Lord Do a New Thing, Greater Vision, Take Him at His Word
- I’m Not Worried About Forever, Kingdom Heirs, We Will Stand Our Ground
- Keep Moving Along, Cathedrals, Old Convention Song
- I Am Resolved, Dailey & Vincent, Singing From the Heart
- Jesus Is Still the Answer, Collingsworth Family, The Answer
- I’m Too Near Home, Cathedrals, Climbing Higher & Higher
- I Don’t Wanna Go Back, Kingdom Heirs, Give Me the Mountain
- Redemption Draweth Nigh, Greater Vision, Far Beyond This Place