On Valentine’s Day, the entire civilized world has its mind on love. While you’re probably busy trying to figure out the right combination of flowers and chocolate to make your wife or girlfriend happy, let’s keep in mind the greatest love of all. In John 15:13, Jesus says “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” No greater love has ever been known than the love of Jesus as he took our place on Calvary.
One of God’s greatest attributes is love, and for that reason, there are a lot of songs that talk about His love. What are some of your favorites? Here’s a list of some of mine to kick things off.
- He Loves Me (Cathedrals, Greater Vision)
- Champion of Love (Cats, GV, L5)
- If That Isn’t Love (Rambos, many others)
- Love Bigger Than Heaven (Gold City)
- Oh, the Thought That Jesus Loves Me (Collingsworth Family)
- The Greatest Love Story (Happy Goodmans)
- The Love of God (the hymn and the Vep Ellis convention song)
- I’ve Never Been Loved (Kingdom Heirs)
- For God So Loved (all the major quartets of the 1960s)
- Boundless Love (Cats)
- Love Went Deeper (Gold City)
- He Is Loved (GV)